This knot is named after the Duke of Windsor and is a more symmetric, large and thicker type of knot. The Double Windsor Knot is best used with dress shirts that have wide-spread collars.
Because the style of the knot is thicker and wider, more length is required from the tie to achieve the look. Taller men may consider using XL length ties instead. The overall knot makes for a classy, balanced look.
Double Windsor Knot Instructions:
- Fold the shirt collar up, undo the top button and place the necktie around your neck. Ensure that the wide end of the tiw is 6-7 inches below than the narrow end and cross it over the narrow end
- Slip the tie through the gap between the neck and the tie knot. Keep pulling the tie all the way around until it is back behind the narrow end of the tie
- Repeat step 2. with the other side
- After this, wrap the wide end of the tie and bring it back over towards the front
- Pull the wide end again through the gap between your neck and the knot loosely, so that a loop is created
- Slip the wide end of the knot through this newly created loop
- Adjust and tighten to neaten the knot and place your collar back down over the necktie. Your Double Windsor Knot is complete.