ABOUT THE BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
The Bloody Mary is a vodka-soaked nutritional breakfast and hangover cure all in one. What else could you ask for? The tomato-based cocktail has hundreds of variations, from heavy on the hot sauce to a splash of Guinness on top. It’s best to start with the classic recipe and work toward the way you like it, even if it’s topped with a shrimp skewer, a slice of bacon and a tiny cheeseburger. Crazy garnishes aside, there’s a reason this iconic beverage is a classic. While the origin of this popular brunch cocktail is debatable, the Bloody Mary’s staying power leaves no question.
INGREDIENTS IN THE BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
- 2 oz Vodka (Try it with Absolut)
- 4 oz Tomato juice
- 2 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp Prepared horseradish
- 2 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Celery salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- Garnish: Lime wedge
- Garnish: Green olives
- Garnish: Parsley sprig
- Garnish: Celery stalk
- Glass: Pint
HOW TO MAKE THE BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
- Pour some celery salt onto a small plate.
- Rub the juicy side of the lemon or lime wedge along the lip of a pint glass.
- Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated.
- Fill with ice and set aside.
- Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in.
- Add the remaining ingredients and ice and shake gently.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a parsley sprig, 2 speared green olives and a lime wedge and a celery stalk (optional).
Flavor : Salty/Savory Sour Spicy
Base Spirit : Vodka
Cocktail Type : Classics
Served : On the Rocks
Preparation : Shaken
Strength : Light
Difficulty : Complicated
Hours : Morning/Brunch
Brands : Absolut