20 interesting things about Cindy Crawford.
1. Her full name is Cynthia Ann Crawford.
2. She was born in DeKalb, Illinois.
6. In her sophomore year at high school, she received a call from a local clothing store regarding modeling work, only to discover that it was a practical joke set up by two of her classmates.
7. However, the following year another store hired a number of high school girls, including Crawford, to work for them.
8. In her junior year local photographer Roger Legel, whose duties included photographing a different college girl to be that week’s coed in the DeKalb Nite Weekly, asked to take her picture for the publication; the result was Crawford’s first cover. The photo and positive feedback she received were enough to convince her to take up modeling.
10. Crawford graduated from DeKalb High School in 1984, as valedictorian.
11. She won an academic scholarship to study chemical engineering at Northwestern University, which she attended for only one quarter. She dropped out in order to pursue a full-time modeling career.
12. After working for photographer Victor Skrebneski in Chicago, Crawford moved to Manhattan in 1986 and signed with the Elite New York modeling agency.
15. She was named No. 3 on VH1’s 40 Hottest Hotties of the 90s and was named one of the “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” by Men’s Health.