- 2 ripe medium tomatoes (1 red and 1 yellow), cored and roughly chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 spring onion (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus additional for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken paillards, about 6 ounces each
Prepare an outdoor grill with a hot fire.
Toss the tomatoes, garlic, spring onion, the 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, the 2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Add all the herbs to the bowl but don’t toss.
Brush the chicken paillards lightly with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Stir the herbs into the tomatoes. Put a paillard on each of 4 plates, spoon some herb-tomato salad on top (watch out for the smashed garlic-you might want to remove it), and serve.
Total Fat: 13 grams
>Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 40 grams
Total carbohydrates: 4 grams
Sugar: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 99 milligrams
Sodium: 1082 milligrams
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mango-coriander Relish:
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 Scotch bonnet pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 8 drumsticks, skin on
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Puree all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a food processor until almost smooth.
2. Pierce the chicken with a fork to make tiny holes. Place the chicken in a large shallow baking dish and rub the marinade into the chicken.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be.
4. Preheat grill. Grill chicken on each side for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
5. To make the salsa: combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit 30 minutes at room temperature.